The Bureau’s International Relations
The State Audit Bureau participates in several international, regional and Arab audit organizations in order to exchange knowledge and expertise and benefit from the modern techniques in the audit field.
First: International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI)
This organization aims at developing and updating the supervisory work through issuing and updating the supervisory standards and manuals, and coordinating cooperation among the member bodies to facilitate the exchange of knowledge and expertise between these bodies to build capacity and raise and develop the level of supervisory work. The State Audit Bureau is an active member of some committees and working groups of this organization, namely:
- Compliance Audit Subcommittee
- Performance Audit Subcommittee
- Working Group on Public Debt
- Working Group on Financial Modernization and Regulatory Reform
- Working Group on IT Audit
- Working Group on Audit Extractive Industries
Second: Asian Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI):
At the regional level, the State Audit Bureau is a member of the Asian Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI). It is one of INTOSAI's regional organizations, which aims to enhance cooperation among members through exchanging knowledge and experience in the area of "public financial audit". At the Arab level, the State Audit Bureau is a member of the Arab Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ARABOSAI). The Bureau is the second deputy-chair of the Executive Council of the Organization.
Third: Arab Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ARABOSAI):
The State Audit Bureau is a member of the Arab Organization for Supreme Audit Institutions (ARABOSAI). The Bureau is currently the second Vice-President of the Executive Council of the Organization, and will assume the presidency of the Organization during the period from 2019 to 2022. The Bureau also participates in the membership of a number of committees
- Institutional Capacity Development Committee, which seeks to develop the institutional capacities of member SAIs in both professional and organizational areas.
- Strategic Planning Committee.
Fourth: The General Secretariat of the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf:
Within the context of the Secretariat General of the Gulf Cooperation Council, the Bureau undertakes to coordinate and cooperate with the Supreme Audit Institutions in the GCC countries in order to develop audit work in these countries.
- Meeting of the Heads of the Audit and Accounting Chambers in the GCC States.
- Meeting of Excellencies and the agents of the control and accounting offices in the GCC States
- GCC Training and Development Committee Meeting
Exchange of official visits with heads and representatives of counter-parties to coordinate and enhance cooperation in the audit area. Hosting a series of international meetings and events by the Bureau in relation to audit work. Cooperating with the counterpart audit institutions to coordinate training programs in order to exchange experiences, expertise and knowledge.
- Support to SAIs in order to increase their capacity and improve their performance
- Develop and develop appropriate and effective professional standards for public sector auditing
- Promote the exchange of knowledge and experience among SAIs
- Representing and upholding SAIs in the international community
- Enhancing understanding and cooperation among member agencies through exchanging ideas and experiences in the field of public sector supervision.
- Setting professional standards for control in the public sector
- Provide facilities for training and continuing education for government auditors, with the aim of improving quality and performance.
- Linking Asian and non-Asian institutions in the field of public sector supervision.
- To organize and develop cooperation of various forms among member institutions and to strengthen the links between them.
- Working to spread the regulatory awareness in the Arab world, which helps to strengthen the role of the organs in the performance of its functions.
- Encourage the exchange of experiences and studies in the field of supervision between Arab Institutions.
- Preparing compliance standards (ISAI 4000) adopted in 2016.
- Issuing the guide on the application of compliance control standards.
- Preparation of studies and research on the application of compliance control standards.
- Develop scientific materials for training in the application of compliance control standards.
- Develop guidelines on basic concepts of performance control (ISAI 3100 new).
- Review of the basic performance control standard: ISAI 3000.
- Contribute to the implementation of the INTOSAI Development Program
- Public debt indicators.
- Guidance on reporting in public debt.
- Guidance on the control of public debt information systems
- Guidance on the planning and control of internal control systems for public debt.
- Monitoring and disseminating the experiences of the agencies in assessing national financial reforms and alerting to crises.
- Periodic assessment of risks related to international financial stability.
- Follow-up of the implementation of reforms at the level of the global financial system in coordination with the competent structures such as the International Monetary Fund, the Basel Committee and the Financial Stability Council.
- 9 Guidance Guides
- Periodical Publishes (Into IT)
- Scientific materials for training are available on the group's website
- Reports and presentations of the experiences of the organs on issues and issues related to IT control
- Regular workshops
- 4 Guidelines
- 15 research papers
- Training courses
- Periodical Publishes
- community of practice
- Develop the institutional capacity of member organs in the institutional, organizational and professional areas and help meet their needs.
- Promote and encourage the exchange and application of knowledge and skills related to the structures and functioning of the institution to enable them to carry out their tasks to the fullest.
- Identify methods, mechanisms and means to achieve the desired capacity development.
- Encourage scientific research aimed at developing the institutional capacities of member organs.
- To develop the draft strategic plans of the Organization in accordance with international best practices in the field of strategic planning, which would help to improve the performance of the Organization and the member organs.
- Encourage member agencies to adopt strategic planning and share knowledge and skills related to strategic management.
- To establish cooperation with INTOSAI and other international and regional organizations in strategic planning.
- Follow up the implementation of the strategic plans approved in accordance with the annual operational plans.
Membership of the Bureau with International Organizations:
|Name of organization||International Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (INTOSAI)|
|About the organization||INTOSAI wsd founded in 1953, this organization is an independent, sovereign, non-political, non-governmental organization, and currently has 194 oversight bodies, including the Audit Bureau, which joined the organization in
1983. This organization aims to coordinate cooperation between member bodies to facilitate the exchange of expertise and information between these bodies for the purpose of Raise the level of control work in general.|
The main objective of this organization is to:
|Name of organization||Asian Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ASOSAI)|
|About the organization||Founded in 1979, Asosai is a member of 47 higher monitoring bodies from the Asian continent,one of INTOSAI's regional organization..|
The organization aims to:
|Name of organization||Arab Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions (ARABOSAI)|
|About the organization||The Arab Organization for Supreme Audit and Auditing Institutions (ARABOSAI) was established in 1976. It includes 22 higher supervisory bodies from Arab countries.|
The organization's objectives include:
Membership of the Bureau in committees and task forces of international organizations:
|Name of organization||Compliance Subcommittee of the INTOSAI Standards Committee|
|About the organization||The committee was established in 2004 with the aim of developing standards and guidelines in the area of compliance control.|
The Commission's activities and publications include:
|Name of organization||Subcommittee on Performance Monitoring of the INTOSAI Professional Standards Committee|
|About the organization||The Performance Monitoring Subcommittee was established in 2005, with the aim of developing benchmarks and guidelines in the area of performance control.|
The Commission's activities and publications include:
(I program3) through the development of scientific materials and the implementation of training courses.
|Name of organization||INTOSAI Working Group on Public Debt Control on Knowledge Sharing|
|About the organization||The Working Group on Public Debt Control was established in 1991, and the role of the Working Group is to disseminate guidelines, guidelines and guidelines in the area of public debt control, which helps Supreme Audit Institutions
to contribute to improving public debt.|
Among the group's publications:
|Name of organization||The INTOSAI Working Group on Financial Modernization and Regulatory Reform on Knowledge Exchange|
|About the organization||The team was formed in the light of the global financial crisis, which was established in the fall of 2008 and the challenges it imposed on countries in the adoption of financial and legislative reforms to assist the Supreme
Audit Institutions in obtaining the necessary knowledge in this field. Financial crises.|
The Group's publications and activities include:
|Name of organization||INTOSAI Working Group on Information Technology Control on Knowledge Sharing|
|About the organization||The Working Group was established in 1989 with the aim of providing support to the Supreme Audit Institutions in the field of information technology control, standard setting and evidence in this field.|
The Group's publications and activities include:
|Name of organization||Working Group on INTOSAI Extractive Industries Control on Knowledge Exchange|
|About the organization||The Working Group was established in 2013 and aims to help adopt the principles of good governance in the management of extractive industries and the upgrading of Supreme Audit Institutions in this field.|
The most prominent publications and activities:
State Audit Bureau membership in committees and working groups of the Arab Organization of Supreme Audit Institutions
|Name of organization||Institutional Capacity Building Committee of the Arab Organization|
|About the organization||The Committee was established in 2008 to support the Arab Organization in the following areas:
|Name of organization||Committee of the Strategic Plan of the Arabosai Organization|
|About the organization||The Commission was formed in 2005 with the objective of: